E167 Michael Allison
We are an independent fiduciary, fee-only, longevity based financial planning and investment management firm. We are based in Saratoga Springs, NY, but work virtually with clients from all over the country.
At the end of 2021, I “retired” after 33 years in the investment management industry, the last nearly 22 of them at Eaton Vance in Boston, where I served as a global equity portfolio manager and Director of Equity Strategy Implementation. With my partners and teammates, we built a multi-billion dollar, market share leading global equity option income franchise.
It is with this experience that I serve clients with an eye toward delivering solution-oriented financial planning and investment results.
I guide our clients to a brighter retirement by helping them figure out “What is Your What’s Next?”
A few nuggets about me:
- I’m a native Texan and my family back home has never forgiven me for leaving because:
- I lived in the Boston, MA area for most of my corporate career, and with my wife, raised two (now adult) children, but:
- We recently moved to Upstate NY to be closer to our oldest child.
- I’m no longer a “suit”.
- My Superpower: The ability to effectively communicate complex investment concepts and make them understandable and accessible to non-professionals.
- My Kryptonite: Green olives.
- My Favorite Band: Rush (I’ve been a drummer since I was a teenager)
- My Favorite Book: The Fourth Turning (Strauss and Howe)
Get Your FILL